Are you a UP Alumna based in Germany? Join us!
The only requirements for membership are:
- An academic degree, title, or a period of study earning 60 academic units from the University of the Philippines
- Approval from the UPAA Board
- Receive news and updates about UP, UPAA and related activities;
- Access to flow of information and communication, particularly through emailed updates and the UPAA Germany website;
- The right to attend general assemblies, to vote and be nominated as a member of the UPAA Germany Board;
- The right to organize and/or participate in projects and activities of the association;
- The right to propose resolutions and amendments to the UPAA Germany constitution;
- The right to receive annual reports including audited annual statement of accounts of the association;
- Be part of the growing network of UP alumni contacts in Germany and internationally;
- Be involved in social and professional networking opportunities where you can meet fellow alumni;
- Be able to connect with alumni experts in your field and access information on education, training, research collaboration and possible career opportunities;
- Invitation to events, projects and activities open to alumni (e.g. round table discussions, tour of historical places in Germany, concerts of visiting Filipino and international artist, book presentation, lecture series)
- Be nominated for a distinguished alumni award; UPAA Germany also gives special recognition to members of outstanding achievements in its “Wall of Fame”
Regular members of the association are subject to the payment of a yearly membership fee (25€) which is tax deductible. Current students in Germany pay a discounted rate of 12.50€.
UPAA Germany e.V. is a non-profit organization. Your membership fee helps cover operating costs and expenses in implementing the association’s projects. Fifty percent of your annual membership fee will go to the UPAA Germany Scholarship Fund which is forwarded to the University of the Philippines’ scholarship programs.
Applications for membership will be sent to the Board Members for approval. For new applicants, please do not pay the membership fee prior to submission and approval of your membership application/form.